Paleo, Vegan and free of gluten, wheat, dairy, egg, soy and refined sugar
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are my vice at healthy food cafes so it’s about time I have my own stash of these so no excuses to buy them out!
- 1 1/4 cups chopped cacao butter
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 6 teaspoons smooth peanut butter
- Melt cacao butter and coconut oil together.
- Stir in cacao powder.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla and salt, stir to combine.
- Spoon half of the mixture into a small cupcake tin, lined with 12 cases so they’re easy to get out.
- Leave the other half of the chocolate mixture at room temperature.
- Refrigerate for 20-25 minutes, until just before the chocolate sets.
- Spoon half a teaspoon of peanut butter into each case.
- Spoon the rest of the chocolate mixture on top covering the peanut butter.
- Chill for an hour and then they’re ready to serve. Store in the fridge so they don’t melt.