Paleo and free of gluten, wheat, dairy, egg, soy and refined sugar
Work lunch inspo… people often get stuck with what to pack for a healthy lunch. It’s easy to prep healthy breakfasts and dinners when you have everything on hand at home but lunch is the meal that trips up so many of us. Tip: keep half in the freezer to whip out anytime for a quick and nourishing lunch.
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, chopped and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (add more if you like it hot)
- 250ml coconut cream
- 2 cups chicken bone broth (or stock but bone broth has all the gut healing benefits)
- Heat pumpkin and curry powder in a large saucepan for a couple of minutes, or until it starts to stick to the bottom.
- Add coconut cream, stir for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, bring to the boil, the reduce to a low heat.
- Simmer covered with a lid for about 20 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour into a blender, blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with grainy bread and croutons (these croutons are homemade).