Chapter 13 Super Superfoods #healthytakeaways
“Realigning Nutrition with Intuition” Liv Kennedy
- Eat 10+ servings (800 grams) of fruit and vegetables a day
(2-3 fruit and 7-8 vegetables).
I am going to eat 10+ servings of fruit and vegetables per day for _____ (number) of days. I will eat 2-3 servings of fruit and 7-8 servings of vegetables to achieve this. Reflect on my discoveries in My Nutrition Mentor Diary
- Eat a fruit/vegetable from every colour of the rainbow on most days, aiming for every day of the week.
I am going to eat a fruit/vegetable from every colour of the rainbow on _____ (number) days a week
- Switch iceberg/cos/fancy lettuce for kale/spinach/silverbeet/rocket.
I am going to substitute _________________ (insipid lettuce) for __________________ (dark leafy greens) on ______ (number) days of the week, aiming for as many days a possible
- Choose 80%+ dark chocolate instead of milk/white chocolate.
When I go to the supermarket I will buy dark chocolate instead of _________________ (favourite chocolate). Whenever I feel like eating __________________ (favourite chocolate) I will eat dark chocolate
- Do I currently eat many superfoods in my daily diet? How can I effortlessly include more superfoods into my diet?
- Add up the number of ORAC units I ate yesterday (hopefully yesterday was a typical day!). I may need to look online to find some foods which aren’t on the list. Did I reach the suggested intake? If not, how can I include more high antioxidant foods to reach this level?
- Add up how many different foods I ate yesterday (again, hopefully yesterday was a good day!). This includes herbs, spices, sauces). Did I reach the recommendation of number of different foods we should eat in a day? If not, how can I eat less of the same foods and more different foods to achieve this?
- How many of the top 10 ‘healthiest’ foods in the world do I already eat in my daily/weekly diet? How can I include more of these?
Check out the printable PDF here: Chapter 13 Super Superfoods #healthytakeaways
Your Nutrition Mentor,