Chapter 14 Sleep Deep #healthytakeaways
“Realigning Nutrition with Intuition” Liv Kennedy
- Sleep 7-9 hours every night.
I currently get on average _____ hours of sleep a night. I would like to get _____ hours of sleep a night. If these two don’t match, how can I achieve this?
- Limit screen time before bed.
I will refrain from using screens for _____ minutes before bed for _____ (number) nights of the week, aiming for every night
- Have a nightly wind down ritual, even just for weekdays.
I will __________________ (relaxing activity) for _____ minutes every night before bed
- Leave enough time between dinner and bed to allow for proper digestion before you sleep.
I will finish eating _____ (number) hours before bed on _____ (number) nights of the week, aiming for every night
- Expose my eyes to sunlight in the morning.
I will go outside (without sunglasses on) for at least _____ minutes on _____ (number) days a week, aiming for everyday
- Avoid caffeinated drinks after midday, as much as possible.
I will not drink coffee/tea (circle) after _____ o’clock on _____ (number) days a week, aiming for everyday
- Drink sleepy tea every night leading up to bedtime, as part of my nightly ritual.
I will drink sleep tea ______ minutes before going to bed on ______ (number) days of the week, aiming for as many days as possible
- What is my current relationship status with my mobile phone? Do I sleep with him/her or do we have separate bedrooms? Do I let him/her in my pockets/bra? How can I take precautions to protect myself against him/her? How can I physically/mentally/emotionally detach from him/her?
- Add up the number of milligrams of magnesium I eat on an average day, excluding supplements (Google the number of milligrams for foods not on the list). Compare this to the RDI of 400-420mg for men and 310-320mg for women per day. Am I above or below the RDI? How much? If I am below, add high magnesium foods in and take low magnesium foods out until I achieve the RDI (if possible)
- Does my tongue shake/quiver when I stick it out in front of the mirror? If yes, do I have any other symptoms of magnesium deficiency? How can I increase my intake of magnesium (diet and/or supplement)? If I already supplement with magnesium, am I taking enough?
- Have I tried any natural sleep supplements before? How effective were they? If they were helpful, could I take these on nights when I feel I may not sleep well or wake up during the night? Being mindful that these are better for my body than prescribed sleeping pills. Reflect on my discoveries in My Nutrition Mentor Diary
Check out the printable PDF here: Chapter 14 Sleep Deep #healthytakeaways
Your Nutrition Mentor,