Chapter 5 The Fat Facts #healthytakeaways
“Realigning Nutrition with Intuition” Liv Kennedy
- If I find myself snacking uncontrollably all day, I will brush my teeth after every time I eat.
I am going to brush my teeth _______ (number of times I want to eat a day) times a day after I eat. I will not eat outside of my set number of times because then I will have to brush my teeth again
- I will include a protein food in all my meals and snacks.
I am going to have _____________ (protein source) with breakfast, ____________ (protein source) for morning tea, ______________ (protein source) with lunch, _____________ (protein source) for afternoon tea, ______________ (protein source) with dinner, and ______________ (protein source) if I have dessert
- I will exercise on more days of the week than not.
I am going to move my body for _______ minutes _______ times a week by doing _________________________________________________(types of exercise)
- I will stand up/walk around every hour when I am working in front of a screen.
I am going to have a _____ (number) minute break to stand up and walk around, every hour that I am working in front of a screen
- Do I know my measurements e.g. waist circumference, waist to hip ratio, waist to height ratio and BMI? Have I done a body composition analysis and do I know the results? Do I fall within all of the healthy ranges? If not, how can I adjust my diet and lifestyle to reach these healthy ranges?
- Have I tried carb cycling? If yes, what differences did I notice? If not, is it something I would consider implementing if I need to lose fat? How could I combine carb cycling and my exercise regime for optimal fat loss? Reflect on my discoveries in My Nutrition Mentor Diary
- If I am overweight, what shape am I? Do I know which hormones I should focus on? How can I address these and change my diet and lifestyle accordingly?
- Am I more suited to breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper OR breakfast like a pauper, lunch like a prince and dinner like a king? If I am unsure, I will experiment with both to find out. Reflect on my discoveries in My Nutrition Mentor Diary
- Am I in the habit of buying ‘low-fat’ foods? If yes, could I try the full-fat option and notice if it makes me feel more satisfied and fuller for longer? How can I replace low-fat foods with full-fat foods in my diet? Reflect on my discoveries in My Nutrition Mentor Diary
- Do I regularly include high EPOC exercises into my exercise regime? If no, how can I incorporate more of these exercises to boost my metabolism?
- How much time do I currently spend on ‘exercise snacks’? How can I incorporate more incidental exercise into my busy days?
- Do I move my body in the 6 primal movements regularly and achieve 10,000 steps a day? If no, how can I incorporate these movements and more steps into my day/week?
Check out the printable PDF here: Chapter 5 The Fat Facts #healthytakeaways
Your Nutrition Mentor,