Chapter 15 The Perfect Diet #healthytakeaways
“Realigning Nutrition with Intuition” Liv Kennedy
- I will cut out processed foods, at least for a certain period of time.
I will refrain from eating processed foods (anything that doesn’t grow on trees or come in nature) for ______ (days). Reflect on my discoveries in My Nutrition Mentor Diary
- I will replace processed meats with unprocessed meats.
I will replace ____________________ (processed meat) with ___________________ (unprocessed meat) in my ___________________ (meal/snack)
- Replace margarine with butter.
I will buy butter instead of margarine next time I go to the supermarket on ____________ (day of the week)
- Have I done a DNA test or do I know my ethnic background? If yes, what were my results? From this can I get a rough idea of what my ancestral diet consisted of? How can I emulate and incorporate this into my diet?
- What is my ‘metabolic type? Do I already eat the ratios of protein/carbs/fat that is suited to my type? If yes, how do I feel? If not, how can I adjust my diet to follow the metabolic typing principles? Reflect on my discoveries in My Nutrition Mentor Diary
- Am I more suited to eating three square meals a day or snack-attacking throughout the day? Do I do what I think is ‘right’ or do I do what suits my body? If I am doing what I think is ‘right’, could I experiment to see if that is really what suits me? Realign nutrition with my intuition. Reflect on my discoveries in My Nutrition Mentor Dairy
- Do I currently follow a Mediterranean diet/lifestyle? If no, how can I incorporate Mediterranean principles into my daily diet, to reap the benefits? Reflect on my discoveries in My Nutrition Mentor Diary
- Design your own personalised one day meal plan using the table in The Perfect Diet. If you normally eat three meals a day, plan three meals. If you normally eat six meals a day, plan six meals. I will follow this meal plan on ____________ (one day in the next week). Reflect on my discoveries in My Nutrition Mentor Diary
Check out the printable PDF here: Chapter 15 The Perfect Diet #healthytakeaways
Your Nutrition Mentor,