Chapter 7 Gut Instinct #healthytakeaways
“Realigning Nutrition with Intuition” Liv Kennedy
- I will do an Asian squat every morning.
I am going to Asian squat for ________ seconds/minutes in the morning before I attempt to use my bowels
- I will replace my can of tuna with a protein that does not contain mercury.
I am going to swap tuna with _________________ (protein source) every day for my lunch/snack (circle)
- I will incorporate a fermented food into my diet on a daily basis.
I am going to eat __________________ (fermented food) with my breakfast, __________________ (fermented food) with my lunch, or _____________________ (fermented food) with my dinner
- I will NOT drink water at mealtimes.
I will NOT drink water __________ minutes before and __________ minutes after each meal. I will continue to drink 2+ litres per day between meals
- Do I experience bloating? Do I know what causes it? If yes, why do I keep eating/doing these things? If not, possibly do an elimination diet to determine the causes (test for gluten first if you suspect that). Reflect on my discoveries in My Nutrition Mentor Diary
- Add up the number of grams of fibre I eat on the average day (Google the number of grams of fibre in different foods). Compare this to the RDI of 30 grams for men and 25 grams for women per day. Am I above or below the RDI? How much? If I am below, add high fibre foods in and take low fibre foods out until I achieve the RDI
- Do I follow a low-carb diet? If so, am I achieving my RDI for fibre and using my bowels every day? How can I add/subtract foods to achieve my RDI for fibre?
- Have I done a zinc taste test? If not, do I have access to a practitioner or health store where I can get this done? If so, was I recommended to take zinc? What differences did I notice? Why did I stop taking it? If I prefer not to take a supplement, how can I include more zinc in my diet?
Check out the printable PDF here: Chapter 7 Gut Instinct #healthytakeaways
Your Nutrition Mentor,